Page containing data (shapefile and excel spreadsheets) used to calculate PNT and Social PNT for 10 Brazilian MAs (and Uberlândia city).
This research was published on a brief article for Sustainable Transport Magazine: https://www.itdp.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/4.-Mobility-as-Equity-Low-Income-People-Near-Transit.pdf
Code Book: Data dictionary: Code Book - BASE DE INFORMAÇÕES POR SETOR CENSITÁRIO Censo 2010 - Universo novo.pdf
Census Tracts with Demographic Data - Shapefile-MAs_Census_Tracts_with_Demographic_Data.zip
Rapid Transit Stations and Buffers - Shapefile-MAs_RT_Stations.rar
(the stations are separated by each geography - to select the proper stations, one must choose those which Status is only 'Operational')
(for RJ and SP, one must also choose only those which opening Year ("Ano") is smaller or equal to '2015')
(there are 1km and 3km buffers, only the 1km buffers have been used in this analysis)
Rapid Transit Lines - Shapefile-MAs_RT_Lines.rar
(the lines are separated by mode - to select the proper lines, one must choose those which status is only 'Operational')
- Rapid Transit Reference Year:
- Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Belo Horizonte and Brasília: we have adopted the year 2015 as the reference year of the rapid transit network. For the rest of Brazilian cities assessed, we are adopting the year 2016 as the reference year of the rapid transit network.
- Ferry System:
- In Rio de Janeiro, one line (two stations) of the Ferry system has also been included as a rapid transit system. This lines operates with a headway of less than 20 min throughout the day and continuously from 5am to 0am. We felt that it was important to include it in the case of Rio de Janeiro since it connects the city core with the east part of the metropolitan area and has thus a strong metropolitan relevance.
Final Results and Exploratory Charts:
The Metropolitan Areas presented in the graphs below are:
- RIDE-DF: Brasília Federal District Integrated Development Area
- RMBS: Baixada Santista Metropolitan Area
- RMBH: Belo Horizonte Metropolitan Area
- RMC: Curitiba Metropolitan Area
- RMG: Goiânia Metropolitan Area
- RMPA: Porto Alegre Metropolitan Area
- RMR: Recife Metropolitan Area
- RMRJ: Rio de Janeiro Metropolitan Area
- RMS: Salvador Metropolitan Area
- RMSP: São Paulo Metropolitan Area
Produced by: Habitat Geo. Conceived by: ITDP. Please cite ITDP as main author.
(income representation inspired by income maps on: https://desigualdadesespaciais.wordpress.com/)
Density and Income Maps